[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS6.3 on Windows, nviz

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Mon Aug 27 08:02:12 EDT 2007

Hi Micheal;

You might recall the eamil I sent last November, indicating that the
load/save State File was broken.

In the email I suggested changing the state file to an XML based file.
This would allow greater portability to newer nviz viewer(s). It would
be more flexible as features are added to a nviz viewer. It could also
support saving and loading the keyframe animations. With XML a program
could also added the creates "State Files" with a set view. For example
load raster "elevation" with 5x exag. and view from azi. 195 deg. and
altitude 45 deg..

--
Bob