[GRASS-dev] OSX FFMPEG build instructions available

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 03:06:09 EST 2007

> Hamish wrote:
> > In other NVIZ news for Max res PPM output I have changed the rendering
> > logic in 6.3.0 release branch to use the safe methods by default and
> > only use pixmaps/pbuffers if asked for with the GRASS_GLX_PIXMAPS or
> > GRASS_GLX_PBUFFERS enviro vars.

Glynn:
> FWIW, there are no "safe" methods; rendering into the window has
> problems of its own.

Yes, I notice if the NVIZ window is obscured by another or slightly off the
edge of the screen you can get random garbage in the output image.

> Having said that, as both GLX Pixmaps and pBuffers appear to fail on
> most systems, I don't have any problem with using the window by
> default.

6.3.cvs is currently left trying to use GLX Pixmaps and pBuffers, in the
hope that it annoys someone into fixing it. I don't mind leaving it like
that but we have to remember to change it each time we cut a new release
branch, which is a pain.

Hamish