[GRASS-dev] Re: FW: [GRASS-user] GRASS for windows script solution

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 5 06:18:55 EST 2007

On Wed, December 5, 2007 11:05, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 03/12/07 19:51, Michael Barton wrote:
>> Moritz,
>>
>> Here is more information on GRASS for Windows and NVIZ from Isaac. We
>> still can’t get NVIZ to launch if GRASS is started from the grass.bat
>> file. Given that it DOES work fine if launched from within MySys, it
>> seems that this must be some kind of path issue that is potentially
>> solvable.
>
> I think I found the culprit, although I don't understand why it used to
> work before, nor why it works on my machine...

I now understand why it works on my machine and not on my colleague's:

On my colleague's machine c:\tcl\bin is the first element in path, and
this gets thus mangled by setting the path with a ':' separator and thus
the tclsh or wish executable isn't found any more. On my machine there is
something else before c:\tcl\bin and so this doesn't get mangled and the
executable still is found.

This is not a problem in msys as the path is set *nix style.

Is there a way to tell within tcltk whether we are in windows or in *nix
path mode and thus to conditionalise the setting of the path ? Or to
rewrite the expression so that it works everywhere ?

Moritz