[GRASS-dev] GRASS CVS to SVN migration: repository structure

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Dec 7 05:06:42 EST 2007

Martin Landa wrote:

> I have cleaned up the wiki page dedicated to the GRASS cvs2svn
> repository migration.
>
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Migration_from_CVS_to_SVN
>
> Relevant text moved to the related discussion page.
>
> Still space for last comments before migration will be done...

I'm unclear on how further 6.x development is to be handled.

In the medium term, I would expect there to be futher development on
6.x culminating in a 6.4 release. This will need to occur on a
separate branch to 7.x. E.g.:

	+----+----> 7.x-devel

	          |    |
	          |    +----> 6.4-release

	          +----> 6.3-release

The 6.x-devel and 6.3-release branches would be created immediately,
with 6.4-release created once 6.x-devel has accumulated changes which
cannot go into the 6.3.x releases.

The trunk would become 7.x-devel, and would quickly change to the
point that merging changes with 6.x-devel would become impractical.