[GRASS-dev] GRASS SVN migration: authentication procedure

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 10 17:51:04 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> For authentication, the OSGeo LDAP is used (single sign-on).
>
> Remember:
> - GRASS developers need to obtain an "osgeo_id" at
>  http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid
>  Check at http://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_web_search.py
>  if you forgot your "osgeo_id".

I would like to point out a little possible confusion - each project
seems to have their own login cookie, so if you login to one project,
then switch to another, you may need to login again depending on the
last time you were logged into it.

So, single sign-on really means single user/pass for all projects, not
login to one->login to all.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy