[GRASS-dev] GRASS CVS to SVN migration: repository structure

Markus Neteler neteler at fbk.eu
Sun Dec 16 05:13:38 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Ideally the 6.3-release branch would be a branch from 6.x-devel, as
> that's how it's structured in CVS. But that may not be possible given
> that it existed prior to the migration to SVN.

I wonder if we should sort of re-do the 6.3-release branch. I am not
aware of incompatible changes within HEAD yet. Maybe it is better
to branch off again (say, to bulk merge from HEAD/trunk into the
existing branch) to catch recent fixes for 6.3.0.

Glynn Clements wrote:

> The general principle is that no development occurs on a release
> branch.

The general scope should be to fade out 6.x *development* (keep maintenance)
and focus on GRASS 7. Given our limited resources, I don't see an
alternative.
We all would like to make so many major changes to GRASS that
this cannot happen in the 6.x line but in 7.x only. So let's start!

Markus