[GRASS-dev] NVIZ compile error with missing -lavformat

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 20:20:10 EST 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Compiling NVIZ from SVN trunk, I get following problem:

/home/neteler/svngrass/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_ogsf.so:
> undefined reference to `guess_format'

/home/neteler/svngrass/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_ogsf.so:
> undefined reference to `av_destruct_packet_nofree'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [nvwish] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/neteler/svngrass/visualization/nviz/src'
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> If I manually add -lavformat, the compilation works ok.
> Any ideas how to automate that -lavformat is included?

the new ffmpeg movie format-by-extension code needs libavformat which
may come in a separate package to libavcodec.
(libavformat-dev and libavcodec-dev packages on Debian)

I don't know much about ./config scripts, but the attached is an
untested cut & paste job which might work. (I don't know about
-lavutil,..)

Hamish

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs