[GRASS-dev] Import of 3D shape files with zero N-S to E-W extent.

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Mon Dec 17 09:42:42 EST 2007

Dear list,

I recently tried to import some 3D sketches of perfect
vertical cross-sections, i.e. polygons with areas extending
only vertically, i.e. seen from above they have no extent.

I did not succeed, because v.in.ogr complained about those
areas being to small. Is it possible that it does not "see"
vertical extent and thus assumes there is no extent at all?

Would this only affect the check in v.in.ogr or is this
a general problem with the way in which GRASS handles
3D polygons?

Best,

Benjamin

--