[GRASS-dev] eigenvectors as output of i.pca

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Dec 18 08:59:09 EST 2007

Brad,

Brad Douglas wrote:

> FYI, I modified i.pca awhile back to write eigenvectors to all output
> histories and properly handle null cells.

This is great, thanks a lot.

Could you give a hint as to the direction of the matrix, i.e. what's in
the rows and what's in the columns ? How difficult would it be to add
row names and column headers to make this obvious ?

I think that i.pca should have a flag to outout this info directly to
stdout, and not only to the history. IMHO, the eigenvectors are pretty
important for the interpretation of the pca results.

Moritz