[GRASS-dev] WxPython front-end to ps.map

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 06:45:50 EST 2007

Jáchym Èepický wrote:
> As soon as new map display class will be defined in wxPython, I would
> like to build georectifing, ps.map and digitizing tool on top of it.

Great!

> Michael is currently working on it. We are using wxPython 2.8, and
> there are small problems with this version on debian-based distros
> (compilation works well, but the packaging system does not like some
> definitions).

:-/

I was waiting for Debian/Etch to give it a try. That will ship with wx
2.6.3 (c.July 2006), so that will still not be enough? Is 2.8 full of
goodies that the earlier versions from 6 months ago lack?

> * since there is no properly working swig interface, it would be very
> difficult to access raster and vector data with help of Python.

If we will be doing heavy Python GUI programming it seems obvious to
spend some time at the beginning getting the swig interface working
properly, if currently it isn't. That would save us a lot of pain in the
long run.

Hamish