[GRASS-dev] v.digit: Could not set Tcl system encoding fixed

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 8 09:43:02 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote on 02/08/2007 12:41 PM:

>>> I confirm. Same happens on my instalation. tcl/tk 8.4.12, Ubuntu Dapper
>>> 32bit.
>>>
>> So we are happy since most of the encodings now work.
>>

> Not having ISO-8859-1 working is a pretty major issue.

I am still not sure if it is a local problem or a general one or depends
on the tcltk version.
> Can you provide more details, preferably including a recipe to
> reproduce the issue using either spearfish or a new location?

Sure (eg Spearfish):
d.mon x0
v.digit -n newmap
# now go to "Settings" icon, "Table" tab, "Add column", add a column of
your choice, "Create table"
# close the "Settings" window
# digitize a line
# enter a value into the attribute popup form
# "submit button" (default is utf-8 which seems to work)
# change the encoding, click "submit button" again and voila' the error
appear in the terminal

Markus