[GRASS-dev] WxPython front-end to ps.map

Jáchym Čepický jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:41:57 EST 2007

2007/2/8, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> > For the future, it would be good to improve d.vect to be able to
> > display e.g. dashed lines
>
> That's an architectural change. I really don't want to see the
> existing graphics system (libraster etc) improved. It's long overdue
> to be replaced with something better. Unfortunately, the problem with
> a better API is that it's the interface which needs to change, rather
> than just the implementation. And that involves re-writing a lot of
> d.* modules.

well, I was only thinking on easier coding of GUI for ps.map, so that
the user could see the preview of the result.

> > and so on and to improve ps.map so it is possible to work with
> > multiple raster tiles and so on.
>
> Are you talking about overlaying raster maps? One thing to bear in
> mind here is that you need level 3 PostScript for masked images
> (images with transparent pixels), and there are plenty of printers out
> there which don't support level 3.

no, but IIRC if you have multiple backdrop raster maps ordered into
tiles, you have to patch them (using r.patch). if ps.map would be able
to work with multiple not-overlaying raster maps, this step would not
be necessary.

myhcaj
--
Jachym Cepicky