[GRASS-dev] [bug #5489] (grass) d.font error in GRASS6.2/6.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 9 13:04:28 EST 2007

OK. It is coming back to me, but this is a very nice summary.

So I should simply drop d.font and d.font.freetype from the GUI menu. They
are meaningless in that context.

We could replace them with a script that sets GRASS_FONT and GRASS_FT_FONT.
I think the layers that use text and can set text (e.g., the text layers)
are coded to check the current status of the global variables and set them
back when done.

Michael

On 2/9/07 10:55 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> This is why direct rendering has GRASS_FONT, GRASS_FT_FONT and
> GRASS_FT_ENCODING; there isn't any other way to set this state.
>
> Ideally, the GUI needs to allow you to set these variables globally,
> and to override them for individual "layers".

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671