[GRASS-dev] [grass-code patches][281] Fix for gis.m profile dialog division by zero

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 11 12:53:58 EST 2007

Maris,

Do you know what is making this divide by 0 and under what circumstances
(e.g., range of elevation values on map, location/projection
characteristics)? On my system, with a build of 2 days ago, the profiling
works fine with the "normal" map of the Spearfish 30m DEM.

This happened a couple times before when the GRASS module used for
calculating the total elevation range was giving incorrect information in
certain circumstances and when there were changes in the function of
g.region flags. It was an example of the cascade of effects that can happen
if a module function is changed in seemingly minor ways.

The error trapping is a good idea in any case. But I want to make sure we
also understand the cause rather than just treat the symptoms.

Michael

On 2/10/07 12:30 PM, "grass-codepatches at wald.intevation.org"
<grass-codepatches at wald.intevation.org> wrote:

> code patches item #281, was opened at 2007-02-10 21:30
> Patch status: None
> Patch type: fix
> GRASS component: gis.m
> GRASS version: CVS HEAD
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070210
>

> Initial Comment:
> This patch prevents gis.m profile tool from dividing by zero and makes popup
> windows to appear on top of profile window and not gis.m main window.

> You can respond by visiting:
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=205&aid=281&group_id=21

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University