[GRASS-dev] [grass-code patches][283] Fix gis.m canvas division by zero on zoom-in and other enhancements

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 11 18:27:20 EST 2007

These sound like very nice enhancements, especially trapping various
potential user errors. Thanks for all the work you're doing on this.

I'll try them out and commit if they work fine on my alternate platform.

Michael

On 2/11/07 6:18 AM, "grass-codepatches at wald.intevation.org"
<grass-codepatches at wald.intevation.org> wrote:

> code patches item #283, was opened at 2007-02-11 15:18
> Patch status: None
> Patch type: fix
> GRASS component: gis.m
> GRASS version: CVS HEAD
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070211
>

> Initial Comment:
> This patch fixes following bugs and usability problems:
> * If user zooms too far in, it gets prompt about it and not about division by
> zero (this should be enhanced more to promt to user sooner than map width
> exceeds resolution);
> * Warning if user querys map but has no layer selected;
> * Zoom in/out by rectangle now draws black/yellow dashed rectangle as pure
> yellow was not visible on yellow maps;
> * If user zooms in/out by rectangle and has moved mouse for less than 15
> pixels, it is asumed to be a click. Prevents users from zooming in/out too
> much by accident;
> * Measure tool now works also by single cilck like in other GIS apps (QGIS,
> ArcView etc.). Old style (by draging) also works;
> * Warning if user zooms to map but has no map selected.

> You can respond by visiting:
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=205&aid=283&group_id=21

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University