[GRASS-dev] coastline for the grass usermap

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Mon Feb 12 08:13:59 EST 2007

Hello Hamish,

Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>, [20070213 - 01:56:22]

> I notice the coastline for the GDF Hannover GRASS users' map is quite
> crude when you zoom in to city scale. The raster backdrop looks great.
> (I'm not sure who maintains that.)
>
> Here is a better worldwide vector coastline, licensed as GPL:
>   http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/data/gshhs/version1.5/

I have maintained this app for some time, but currently
I have no access to the server anymore so I cannot apply your suggested
dataset. Do you know a WMS-Server where this data is made available to
the public? This would reduce the ammount of work which needs to be
done to preprocess.

> It would be nice to use it!

I leave it this to the current maintainers at GDF for decision.

Best
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998