[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.fillnulls in the latest cvs version doesn't work appropriately

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 00:56:46 EST 2007

H:
> > * "g.region -m" by itself was and is meaninless. (doesn't print
> > anything)

Martin:
> OK, using GRASS 6.2 I get the following:
>
> g.region -m
> n=4928000
> s=4914020
> w=590010
> e=609000
> nsres=10
> ewres=10
> rows=1398
> cols=1899
>
> so it seems to be same as g.region -gm.
> -> currently g.region in GRASS6.3 has the same output.

I mean the purpose of it, not the action of it. The flag is meant to
change the resolution into meters instead of DDD:MM:SS or feet. That
doesn't say anything about printing.

> > * "g.region -gm" is not the same as "g.region -pm"!
> >    i.e. -m does not imply -g.
>
> The only difference between -gm and -pm flags, which I can see, is
> missing information about projection, ellipsoid and geodetic datum.

I just meant that
n=
s=
w=
e=

was different than
north:
south:
west:
east:

hopefully the only outstanding issue now is how to do g.region better
for the future.

Hamish