[GRASS-dev] Re: Fix Help button in gis.m raster/vector display conf locks up gis.m

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 03:43:17 EST 2007

Hi all,

I tested recent g.manual with gis.m.
Starting help now launches my browser (Konqueror) and locks up gis.m.
After I close browser, gis.m is unlocked - usable. Now works like in
6.2 time. Still IMHO this sucks.

As I understood, we may not be able to change way g.manual works as it
will break backward compatability (probably new switch -spawn could do
trick?). If nothing more can be done for g.manual, then we should
atleast make gis.m usable by changing all "run g.manual" calls to
"spawn g.manual".

Just my 0.02c,
Maris.