[GRASS-dev] g.proj to create a new location

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 03:59:08 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Hamish wrote:

>> Yes. With datumtrans=-1 the location will get created straight away if
>> there is only one parameter set to choose from (unless you use the
>> force flag). The GUI could watch the output of g.proj and if it
>> specifed the list then go through it for the second pass.
>
> ? The -1 "list" option should only list and exit. Not sometimes work,
> sometimes not. My hope was that the GUI could see there were no options
> and skip the param picker dialoge and move right on to the -c creation
> step. ie datumtrans=-1 should ignore -c, otherwise it is trying to be
> two orthogonal modes at the same time.

Well the way it is is consistent with how it worked before. If the datum
information was complete, g.proj did what you told it, if not it prompted
for more info. Now if you use the -i flag you can still get this old
behaviour, or if you specify datumtrans=xxx

I can see logic in datumtrans=-1 always listing even if there is just one
option, but I still think the current way is better as it is most
consistent with pre-existing behaviour... :/ If you want it to always list
anyway you can use the -t "force transformation selection" flag?

Not sure what's best really

Paul