[GRASS-dev] Modules (was: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors! [SUCESS})

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Thu Feb 15 02:28:06 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 19:44 +1300, Hamish wrote:
> In scanning through the --helps to see if the cygwin modules worked
> I found it got stuck on i.ortho.photo. I've now changed the main menu of
> that to use G_parser().
>
> (the i.ortho.photo menu could easily be rewritten BTW, it just lists 8
> programs and runs the one you ask for. But then the ones it calls will
> generally call I_ask() and want a interactive terminal, so there might
> be little gained in the short term..)

I had completed the majority of rewriting i.ortho.photo, but quit
working on it when it became clear that there was no consensus as to
whether I should A) break it up into 6-7 separate modules or B) a single
module with an 'option='. (My tree is full of incomplete work :-)

I much prefer B to A due to the ever growing number of modules.  It is
already becoming unwieldy.  My memory isn't as good as most and I find
it sometimes difficult to find the module I'm looking for when I have to
scan through 2-3 pages of listings.  I imagine new users will be
overwhelmed, but the GUI does help in that respect.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785