[GRASS-dev] Modules (was: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors! [SUCESS})

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Feb 17 18:11:23 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > Realistically, I think that a 2D CAD package would be more likely to
> > be suitable, but I don't know of any free ones.
>
> http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html
> (see http://www.qcad.org/qcad_doc_faq.html#36 ff for licensing)

Requires Qt 3.x, the native Windows version of which isn't free. I
suppose that you could build it for Cygwin.

> http://www.pythoncad.org/

	PythonCAD is a CAD package written, surprisingly enough, in
	Python. The PythonCAD project aims to produce a scriptable,
	open-source, easy to use CAD package for Linux, the various
	flavors of BSD Unix, commercial Unix, and other platforms to
	which someone who is interested ports the program.

I take that as meaning "doesn't work on Windows yet"; also, uses PyGTK
(rather than wxPython), and generally doesn't seem particularly
mature.

OTOH, v.digit doesn't work natively on Windows either.