[GRASS-dev] Data type changes in g3d lib and related modules

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Sun Feb 18 07:11:42 EST 2007

Dear devs,
i would like to replace the separate data type definitions in the g3d
lib with the definitions from gis.h.

In the g3d lib the following definitions are made:

#define G3D_FLOAT 0
#define G3D_DOUBLE 1

G3D_FLOAT stands for the data type float, G3D_DOUBLE for double.

I would like to remove those two definitions in G3d.h and replace them
in the libs and modules with:

G3D_FLOAT -> FCELL_TYPE
G3D_DOUBLE -> DCELL_TYPE

Because the data types are the same (float, double), it makes IMHO
no sense to have separate definitions in raster and raster3d library.
And it simplifies the creation of modules which use raster and rast3d
maps together.

I have created a patch
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/grass6_datatype_patch.diff

and if nobody has any objections against it, i would like to submit
these changes to CVS.
I have tested the changes with all raster3d modules and a lot of raster
and vector modules (with the very useful grass testsuite) and no
problems detected.

Best regards
Soeren