[GRASS-dev] Modules

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Feb 19 15:49:39 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 19:12 +0100, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Michael Barton wrote:
>
> > As I recently said to Glynn offlist, a third possibility
> > that might be almost as desirable would be if someone in the OSGEO world
> > decided to create a multi-platform, multi-format, dedicated digitizing
> > package that could create and edit various OS GIS files.
>
> This already takes place in QGIS, to a big extent - it can edit
> shapefiles and GRASS vectors. It is multiplatform. It reads any
> GDAL/OGR formats, so it's multi-format. Although it is not dedicated to
> digitizing only, it's been constantly developed towards doing it well
> and right.

We understand that.  The issue is forcing people to use QGIS when they
really don't need to.

I would only support this if GRASS and QGIS were merged.  Glynn also
mentioned that in order to do what we want on Windows, one would have to
purchase a QT license, which is not feasible, IMO.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785