[GRASS-dev] GRASS-TNG

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:15:30 EST 2007

Hi,

I am not Radek's speaker;-) Just last time I spoke to him I got
another impression. GRASS has a long history it is great tool full of
interesting algorithms. I have talked to many people who looked at
GRASS code and they got a relativelly bad impression. Generally the
code (core libraries) is very "old", not object-oriented, sometimes
very hard to manage and especially to improve the functionality. It is
pity because GRASS needs more developers, more ideas, more power
users, maybe "the modern design". From my point of view it would be
great to start working (try to impress) on a new GRASS design, to
build on the GRASS history, etc. (the more people will be involved the
better result can be). I don't like idea making the "fork". Just to
think about the future of GRASS. Anyway I hope that Radek's project
will bring something reasonable to GRASS community. At least new ideas
about GRASS future (GRASS 8?).

Best regards, Martin

2007/2/21, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *