[GRASS-dev] nviz volume fails: unknown shade style returned in get_drawmode

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 21 11:33:22 EST 2007

For the interface restructuring, I extensively tested the volume module and
have used it a number of times since I updated.

I've hit this error before in different contexts. The most recent setting
was launching nviz with 2 elevation maps specified. There was no problem
when launching nviz with 1 elevation map and subsequently opening another
after nviz launched. I was about to report this, but it appeared fixed after
a cvs update a few weeks back.

It is some other kind of bug, but I don't know what is setting it off. Have
there been any recent changes to nviz code in the past 3-4 weeks? (I haven't
done any).

Michael

On 2/21/07 4:20 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the recent restructuring of NVIZ the volume
> was apparently not tested:
>
> Dataset (9.3MB):
>  http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data7/slovakia3d.tar.gz
>
> grass63 ~/grassdata/slovakia3d/PERMANENT/
> nviz el=dem500 vol=precip3d.500z50
> Update elev null mask
> translating colors from fp
> recalculating normals...
> Error in startup script: Internal Error: unknown shade style returned in
> get_drawmode
>     while executing
> "Nvol$curr slice get_drawmode"
>
> It would be good to get that fixed,