[GRASS-dev] Modules

Jáchym Čepický jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:05:41 EST 2007

hi,

2007/2/21, Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>:
> [...]
>
> I may or may not be able to see the whole picture here, but what I took
> from the recent discussions was that v.edit is not usable as a backend for
> a v.digit replacement because of its requirement to commit all changes and
> re-build topology after every edit. v.digit functionality needs to include
> undo/redo, incremental topology building etc. which means it needs to be
> programmed in C with direct access to the vector library functions.

We could access the vector files using python-swig bindings...

> But as Maciek pointed out v.edit is really useful for small scale use in
> scripts. In fact creating simple vector maps for little experiments and
> tests sounds like a killer application for it.

I'm working on this issue :) however, I do not know, how to build only
smallest necessary part of the topology to be able to use
V_select_by_box & co.

> Disclaimer: I may have misunderstood the capabilities of either module...
>
> Paul

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
GPG: http://www.les-ejk.cz/pgp/jachym_cepicky-gpg.pub