[GRASS-dev] g.rename consolidation

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:30:01 EST 2007

Hi

2007/2/21, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> There needs to be a new function for messages which allows specifying
> the verbosity level.
>
> Rather than individual modules having to do:
>
>         if (G_verbose() >= level)
>                 G_message(...);
>
> they would do e.g.:
>
>         G_message_ex(level, ...);
>
> The new function would check the verbosity level.
>
> The current mechanism is just making the code messy.

OK, it would be also useful to have G_message_no_nl() which does not
print new-line character at the of the message. I am not sure how to
derive these functions from the existing G_message() fn. Is there any
way how to redirect variadic parameters. E.g.:

void foo (char *text, ...);
void foo1 (char *text, ...);

void foo (char *text) {
    foo1 (?)