[GRASS-dev] Modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 22 23:53:15 EST 2007

Glynn,

I just tried this. WOW!!!

It works beautifully and fills the last remaining big hole in weaning us
away from dependence on an xterm display and making GRASS completely cross
platform. I think I managed to try out every function and all worked
smoothly on my Mac in x11 mode.

Thanks VERY much.

I had one error that seemed to happen when I first tried to set the
background during a digitizing session. However, I have not been able to
reproduce it. I'll copy it below in case there is a gotcha still lurking
somewhere. If it happens again and I can figure out what triggers it, I'll
let you know.

Michael

--- mysterious one-time error ----

can't read "bind_scroll_list": no such variable
can't read "bind_scroll_list": no such variable
    while executing
"foreach window $bind_scroll_list {
        if {![winfo exists $window]} {
            set window_gone 1
            continue
        }
        if {![..."
    (procedure "handle_scroll" line 8)
    invoked from within
"handle_scroll 120"
    (command bound to event)

On 2/22/07 7:48 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Glynn Clements wrote:
>
>> The remaining step is to reinstate the bgcmd= option.
>
> Done; updated patch (again, against CVS HEAD) attached.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671