[GRASS-dev] Modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 23 03:05:24 EST 2007

Your fix has made it possible (well potentially) to reinstitute automatic
background creation from active maps in the GIS Manager layer tree. But I've
hit a wall on how to parse multiple background maps. At first I thought it
was TclTk. Then I realized that it wasn't possible from the command line
either. For example...

GRASS 6.3.0-CVS-07020901 (spearfish60_test):~ > v.digit map=deleteme
bgcmd="d.vect map=deleteme,d.rast map=aspect"
PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: TRUE
PNG: collecting to file:
/Users/Shared/grassdata/spearfish60_test/PERMANENT/.tmp/cmb-MBP/6132.0.ppm,
GRASS_WIDTH=640, GRASS_HEIGHT=471
Illegal filename. Character <,> not allowed.
ERROR: Vector file [deleteme,d.rast,aspect] not available

It won't parse the comma. I've tried various versions of single and double
quotes around different parts of the expression.

Could it be that v.digit is not parsing this command correctly? Is this
fixable or should I give up.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University