[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][312] region definition with the 'Zoom to...' button of GIS Manger (6.2-6.3)

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Fri Feb 23 11:50:38 EST 2007

code I item #312, was opened at 23/02/2007 16:50
Issue type: module bad feature
Issue status: None
GRASS version: 6.2
GRASS component: gis.m
Operating system: Linux
Operating system version:
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070113

Initial Comment:
I entered GRASS with the default region.
I defined a small rectangular area with the 'Zoom in' button in the Map Display.
I saved the new region with the option  'Save display geometry to named region' of the 'Zoom to...' button of the GIS Manager.
I returned to the default region with 'Zoom to default region' of the 'Zoom to...' button (the saved region was never recalled).
The Map display actually shows the default region, but the active region remains the saved one as every operation (as resample or query) is restricted to the saved region and the saved region is maintened in the next GRASS session.
The only way to restore the default region is through Config>Region>Change region setting>Set from default region (or g.region -d  in command line mode).
It seems that 'Save display geometry to named region' permanently set the new region and 'Zoom to default region' is not able to restore the default setting.

Regards
A.Clerici