[GRASS-dev] New v.digit

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 05:58:18 EST 2007

Hello Michael

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Michael Barton wrote:

> Glynn,
>
> Do you mind if I change the display and digitizing controls window titles to
> "Digitizing $map_name@$map_mapset" (from "v.digit - $map_name@$map_mapset".
>
> This is a bit more descriptive, especially when run from the GIS Manager
> rather than from the command line.

I can't see any good reason for "hiding" from the user the fact that
they're using v.digit - can only imagine it making it harder for them to
find hints and information and make bug reports more obscure?

> I'm currently using the -n switch. If you get rid of it, I can take it out
> of the v.digit command (and shorten the code a bit) in vector.tcl.

Well what I took from previous discussions was its OK to use the -n flag
even if the map already exists, because it is only checked if the map
doesn't already exist! So it would be fine to just use it all the time,
but probably a more preferable solution is just to get rid of it as it
seems to be anomaly with no real use.

Paul