[GRASS-dev] winGRASS: debugging vector db issues

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 19:35:36 EST 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Some more info. I found the following note on the qgis wiki where the code
> of the xdr library comes from
> (http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingWindowsBinaryOnLinux):
>
> "TODO: Use DLL. Currently if DLL is used db drivers do not work because of
> '\n' conversion (text mode expected). Find out how to force xdrlib to
> expect binary mode when compiled as DLL."
>
> Could this be the cause of our problems ? Paul, you patched the xdr code,
> replacing bzero with memset and bcopy with memmove. Does this have
> anything to do with the above ?

Moritz, WELL DONE! Using a static libxdr.a with nothing changed from the
link Glynn posted (sorry can't remember where I downloaded it from) makes
it work. Obviously we still need to work out why, but for now I've
attached a working libxdr.a to this mail. If you delete libxdr.dll,
replace it with libxdr.a, make clean, re-configure and re-compile I hope
it will work for you too.
And then we're well on our way to having an Alpha-version non-Msys Windows
binary distribution!

Paul