[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][315] r.proj(.seg) overwrites when no output given

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Mon Feb 26 19:16:53 EST 2007

code I item #315, was opened at 2007-02-26 18:16
Issue type: module bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: raster
Operating system: MacOS X
Operating system version: 10.4
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070220

Initial Comment:
if no output name is given in r.proj (and r.proj.seg), so that it defaults to the same name as the input raster, and that raster exists in the current mapset, no existing raster warning is given and the existing one is overwritten.

If an output is given that's the same as the input, and it exists in the current mapset, the warning does come up as expected.

ie:

locll/data/dem - a latlong raster
locproj/data/dem - a projected raster

current loc/mapset: locproj/data

This trashes locproj/data/dem with no warning:

> r.proj loc=locll map=data in=dem

This gives warning as expected: