[GRASS-dev] GRASS inefficiency and FFTW

stefano de paoli dplsfn at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 27 05:27:39 EST 2007

Hi Daniel

> > I still support the conclusion that there is an
> > inefficiency which heavily dependes on the GPL
> choice.
>
> Yes, but I suspect this comes second to the
> motivation and capacity
> arguments within a legacy framework.

Probably the inefficiency is not so heavily dependent
on the GPL :-)

> I wouldn't be surprised that your raising the issue
> of a possible
> inefficiency (which Glynn suggests isn't one
> actually) provides enough
> motivation for the issue to be resolved within a
> week, perhaps less.

I would be surprised instead.
Not because I don't think that GRASS Dev.Team is
unable to do that.
But because I'm not a GRASS users nor I had this goal
in posting this messages.

If the fft() issue get resolved, I would porobably
have to justify in my research why my intervention in
the GRASS Dev list has lead to this result :-)

Stefano