[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] gis.m window still disappears

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 12:54:10 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Gerald Nelson wrote:
>> I have done a cvs update of grass 63 a couple of times over the past
>> couple of days and still have the problem that the gis.m windows
>> appear briefly and then disappear.
>>
>> The terminal window reports
>>
>> WARNING: This feature is superseded and will be removed in future
>> versions of GRASS. Use the -g flag in combination with other print
>> flats, e.g. -pg.
>
> Looks like related to recent changes in g.region:
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-g.region-print-flags-combination-p8126822.html

Oh well spotted! I was a bit blind to that. The behaviour of g.region is
now inconsistent with the man page; it says:

   -p   Print the current region
   -g   Print the current region (shell script style)

Perhaps the -g flag should be kept as it is and a new flag introduced for
the new behaviour? g.region does have rather a lot of flags though.

Paul