[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: grassuser Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 02:41:36 EST 2007

Hi,

2007/1/2, Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>:

> But the other issue is of course - should we be changing the meaning of
> the g.region -g flag at all? Why not keep it as it is and add the new
> functionality (key=value output in combination with any other flag) to a
> totally new flag, to reduce confusion and enhance backwards compatibility?

not sure, there are *a lot of flags* in g.region module. Adding a new
one which generally have the same impact as the -g flag (i.e.
key=value output) -- I don't know.

Now `g.region -g` (still there is a warning message) is the same as
`g.region -pg`. I think that the -g or --g flag should have the same
meaning in all GRASS modules: to print parsable output. I changed the
-g flag behaviour mainly because I wanted to allow user to use this
flag in connection with other print flags, e.g. `g.region -eg`.

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *