[GRASS-dev] georectifier - zooming and rectifying

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Jan 11 04:38:41 EST 2007

Hello,

while I was working with latest georectifier, I came to following
issues:

    When I set couple of GCPs and zoom in/out, the GPCs are displayd
    always "one zoom step too late". It looks like they would use zoom
    scale from window/previous_zoom.

Second thing:
    When I click on the "Rectify maps in the group" button, every window
    in the gis manager becomes inactive. Strange thing is, that
    processor does not work really hard (i.rectify is running with about
    20-50 % load) and the whole process takes too long.

    When I run i.rectify from CLI, it takes only couple of minutes and
    the processor is really heated up.

    It is a bit confusing, just to sit in front of inactive gis manager
    and to see, that the computer is not really working and wonder, what
    is happening.

    I do not know, if we can do something with this issue - I beleave,
    it is something between Tcl and OS. I just ask, if it would be
    possible. Maybe small information window before calculation start,
    that "This could take couple of minutes", forking the "i.rectify
    process" to background, so that rest of the gis.m would be usable or
    something like this could help to keep the user informed.

Thanks

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky