[GRASS-dev] [bug #5432] (grass) gis.m: display option (e.g. contrast stretch)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jan 13 17:16:30 EST 2007

The GUI is built using existing GRASS commands. The raster display panel
uses d.rast and d.his to produce the display options. There is no option in
d.rast (or d.his) to control the display in the monitor like you are
suggesting (though this could be nice).

The only way I can think of to do what you request is to wrap in r.colors
into the display panel. However, this would change the color table for the
map. That is, this would be the new default color table until you select a
new color table. A button to launch r.colors might be handy, though it's
pretty accessible from the menu too.

Michael

On 1/12/07 9:04 AM, "Request Tracker" <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5432
>
> Subject: gis.m: display option (e.g. contrast stretch)
>
> grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
>
> Hello,
>
> a checkbox with various options beside the "base raster map to display"
> button in gis.m would be great to control the raster display in the monitor
> like a log transform, contrast stretch, histogram equalised etc.
> Without creating a new image - just the display is changed not the actual
> image.
>
> regards, Martin

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University