[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS at GForge first steps - second encounter

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:01:08 EST 2007

Hi,

I signed up to GForge to test new GRASS trackers. I submited two
patches to code patch tracker and here are my observations.

* In view issue page (i.e. [1]), please, add attribute "align=left" to
TD element containing user's submitted text. In some browsers it's
centred and it is NOT a browser bug but a correct interpretation of
CSS 2.1 spec - it inherits align parameter from first parent that HAS
such attribute set.

* I do not see all info that I entered when I was submiting patch.
Missing are CVS checkout date, GRASS version, GRASS component. They
should be visible when viewing issue.

* Issue browse mode lacks column "Last changed" and possibility to
sort by thath colum. IMHO it's really usefull to sort issues by
activity.

As I understand, new issue forwarding to -dev ML is not yet enabled.
Meanwhile could You clarify a bit for all dev's how patch handling
should be done using this new and wonderfull tool. I mean - how long
patch/bug should lie in tracker till it is considered that nobody
cares bout it and fallback mechanisms should be activated? Should
devel make a note to issue while he is inspecting patch (if it's not
oneliner or trivial)? Should there be some "areas of interest" defined
like Michael monitoring GUI related bugs/patches etc?

WBR,
Maris.

[1] http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=262&group_id=21&atid=205