[GRASS-dev] r.colors: rules file list unsorted

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 17:51:15 EST 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Daniel Calvelo wrote:

> Ok, It's working now. Attached.

What about a library function that does the same thing as system("ls") or
system("ls -C"). I can think of several places where it would be useful.
It could accept the directory as an argument, also the stream to output
too (e.g. stdout or stderr) and perhaps a flag to do a column-wise listing
(a la "ls -C"). I think this would be the hardest part to do; not sure how
ls does it - unless there is something easy we could do with format
conversion strings?

Paul