[GRASS-dev] an interesting opportunity

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Jan 30 17:03:12 EST 2007

Yes interesting indeed!

Immediately I can think of a few possibilities. v.out.odg v.in.odg, but
more interesting perhaps would be to build a map directly to odg
(graphics) format? Some statistical modules could perhaps output to ods
(spreadsheet).

For the moment being I'd be most interested in the possibilities of
combining odf and a mapping. Unfortunately I don't think we have the
resources for that at the moment (unless I start working on it, which I
might). :( So perhaps if we would have v.out.odg one could then proceed
to complete the map with OOo. Things like north arrows and scale bars
and grids would still be missing :( Not to mention legends... Perhaps
those can be added to the odg file?

Anyway... Thanks for an interesting find!

--Wolf

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>