[GRASS-dev] r.colors: rules file list unsorted

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 06:12:27 EST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Hamish wrote:

> what about:
>
>  void G_ls(const char *dir, FILE *stream, int singlecolumn)
>
> where singlecolumn is boolean: 0 prints column output, 1 prints one file
> per line.

That's actually exactly how my original idea worked, then for some reason
I thought I would split it into two functions. I'm happy to change it to
that if it's generally agreed it's a good idea.

Paul

> I can think of one place it might be useful, "i.group -g".
>

> I don't like "int multicolumn" as it might be mistaken to mean number
> of columns, not a boolean switch. (which is another idea, -1,0 means
> auto, otherwise as specified)

I was originally doing that when I wasn't sure how to automatically
determine the column width, but didn't think it was necessary any more
after I got the automatic column width working.

Paul