[GRASS-dev] time to release 6.2.2

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 05:33:51 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Paul Kelly wrote on 07/01/2007 10:13 PM:
>> I still think it is a good idea to include the date of releases in the
>> tag name, less confusion that way, e.g. release_20070702_grass_6_2_2 -
>> what do you think? Or is there any other way of telling from CVS on
>> what date the tag was created?
> I don't know but I remember that someone (Glynn?) suggested to NOT
> include the
> date so that it wasn't done any more.

Well that's fine then if it has been discussed - I guess I just missed
that when it happened but there were I'm sure good reasons for it then.
FWIW my reasons for keeping with the old-style tags would be (a) less
likely to create a tag by accident as you're putting a meaningful date
into it and have to stop and think about that and (b) easy quick reference
looking back through the web-based CVS browser as to the dates of the
earlier releases.

But neither of those are particularly important. Good luck in shifting the
tag!

Paul