[GRASS-dev] Some questions about standardization

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es
Mon Jul 2 13:04:59 EDT 2007

Hello all
I would like to get some feedback about the changes I'm doing to
standardize. As some questions in the air do not get answers I'm
following what is in wiki, but I wouldn't like to bother anyone with the
changes.

I need some help to continue with further changes. As I'm not programmer
I don't know well what can be changed in code and what can't, so I ask
you some cases:
a) %s: can't open tempfile -> Unable to open temporary file <%s> (does
it affect where is the %s?)
b) can't open raster map <%s> in mapset %s -> Unable to open raster map
<%s> (Can I drop last %s without problems?)
c) How can I pass from "Unable to open the temporary file." to "Unable
to open temporary file <%s>"? E.g. from /display/d.text.freetype/main.c:

tmpfile = G_tempfile();
        if(!(fp = fopen(tmpfile, "w")))
            error(_("Unable to write the temporary file"));

Regards
Carlos