[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][440] d.zoom panning "shrinking" region

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Tue Jul 3 01:03:20 EDT 2007

code I item #440, was opened at 2007-07-03 00:03
Issue type: module bad feature
Issue status: None
GRASS version: 6.2.1
GRASS component: display
Operating system: Windows
Operating system version: XP
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070316

Initial Comment:
While panning, with the command "d.zoom -p" over any image on a regular monitor (e.g x1), the region is "shrinking" by one pixel on each side of the window. It is not a big deal when panning a map once or two times, but if panning is done several times to explore at a larger scale a map it could be annoying. The other problem is that we can lost control on the working region if we want to perform a calculation over a given area.