[GRASS-dev] using slope/aspect functions inside our module

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 3 22:18:41 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 2:29 AM, Yann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a given chain processing module (DN->high-level product) in
> development,
> there is a need of calculating slope and aspect, i would like to
> use the
> existing code as a library or something to the similar effect.
>
> Anyone could explain if it is possible and how it could be possible?

it would be useful to have such library functions but you would have
write them
based on r.slope.aspect. You can also look at

aspect.c in raster/r.flow

it should be easy to add slope to it or modify it as a separate
function for slope.
It should use the same algorithm as r.slope.aspect but double check
that.
If you need to handle lat/long, look at r.slope.aspect how to do it.

Helena