[GRASS-dev] Directory security/permission issue

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun Jul 8 02:07:39 EDT 2007

Hello,

While looking over my working dirs, today, I noticed that all of my
recent locations were created with 0777 permissions, instead of the
traditional 0755 mask.  Temp directories are still created properly.

0777 is bad form and a potential security problem.

Is there a reason for the change I missed?  A quick search through the
archives didn't turn up anything.

It seems to have come as an accidental result of the MINGW changes.  The
offending code can be found in lib/gis/paths.c in G_mkdir().

This should be explained or corrected before 6.2.2 is released.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>