[GRASS-dev] Re: g.proj won't parse PROJ.4 string

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 02:58:41 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:
> As a brief overview, the wizard does the following:
..
> 5. Create an XY location (this is not yet working because I'm not sure
> what the best way to do this is).

as Paul suggested just write out the needed files for a simple XY
location, don't bother trying to do it as a projection. If you create an
XY location using the old way, you will notice there is no PROJ_UNITS
file created in PERMANENT/, only DEFAULT_WIND and MYNAME. So skip the
g.proj step for that altogether and just make the dir structure
yourself.

Hamish