[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] thanks to GRASS!

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:27:04 EDT 2007

This could be a nice addition to the BibTeX list on the Wiki

Carlos

On 7/11/07, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

>  I wonder if we should start a GRASS "library" on the main site or the WIKI
> where users could post PDF's or links to papers on using GRASS?
>
>  Michael
>

>  On 7/11/07 1:03 AM, "Jaime Carrera" <jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Dear list,
>
>  I would just like to thank the GRASS development team for creating such a
> nice piece of software, as without it I couldn't have done my PhD work. One
> of my ideas was to show that Open Source software can be used to develop a
> large project (as some people think that free stuff is not good) and the use
> of GRASS, R, GMT, The GIMP and Inkscape was crucial to prove my point.
>
>  If someone is interested in some of this work, please follow these links;
> if someone can't access these links, please let me know and I can send a PDF
> copy of them.
>
>  On the use of GRASS with R and GSTAT to interpolate daily climatological
> variables (rainfall, and both minimum and maximum temperature) using
> different Kriging methods:
>
>  Carrera-Hernandez, J. J. and Gaskin, S.J. (2007). Spatio temporal analysis
> of daily precipitation and temperature in the Basin of Mexico. Journal of
> Hydrology. DOI:
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2006.12.021
>
>  On the use of GRASS in groundwater modeling (Now I have time to update it
> for GRASS 6.2 and MODFLOW 2005 !)
>
>  Carrera-Hernandez, J. J. and Gaskin, S. J. (2006). The Groundwater
> Modelling Tool for GRASS (GMTG). Open Source groundwater flow modelling.
> Computers & Geosciences 32(3):339-351. DOI:
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2005.06.018
>
>  There is another paper (in press, Hydrogeology Journal) on which I used
> GRASS, R and GMT to analyze the evolution of the groundwater level in the
> Basin of  Mexico. The DOI It should be available within the next week.
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Jaime

>  Correo Yahoo!
>  Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
>  Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/
>

>  __________________________________________
>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>  Director of Graduate Studies
>  School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>  Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>  Arizona State University
>
>  phone: 480-965-6213
>  fax: 480-965-7671
>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke