[GRASS-dev] configuration X fails with strict gcc flags

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 11 14:32:39 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I have a new laptop with Mandriva 2007.1 (so x.org). X is not
> recognised although all header files are apparently there.
> I debugged a bit and found the following (conftest.c and confdefs.h
> manually extracted from configure):
>
> cat conftest.c
> #line 4672 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <X11/Intrinsic.h>
>
> int main() {
> XtMalloc()
> ; return 0; }

> gcc -o conftest -g -Wall -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-common -mtune=nocona -m64 -minline-all-stringops    -Wl,--export-dynamic  -L/usr/lib64 conftest.c -lXt
> configure: In function 'main':
> configure:4676: error: too few arguments to function 'XtMalloc'

Odd; my config.log has:

	configure:4675: warning: implicit declaration of function `XtMalloc'

which implies that it isn't picking up the header. In fact, the
relevant portion of the configure script is:

	cat > conftest.$ac_ext <<EOF
	#line 4672 "configure"
	#include "confdefs.h"

	int main() {
	${x_direct_test_function}()
	; return 0; }
	EOF

which doesn't include any X headers.

Have you re-built your configure script using a different version of
autoconf?